Invisalign® aligners are custom-made just for you. The aligners are made of comfortable, smooth, nearly invisible plastic. The aligners are worn over the teeth and gradually shift them into their proper places. A new set of aligners is given every two weeks to help the patient progress in their orthodontic treatment. If you have malocclusion issues, talk to Dr. Nicole Furuta to see if Invisalign in Denver, Colorado, is the best option for you.
Invisalign can be used for many types of alignment and bite issues. The main issues that Invisalign can correct are as follows:
– Crowding: This happens when there is not enough room in your jaw for your teeth to fit properly. Crowded teeth can get worse over time if not treated.
– Gapped teeth: Gaps between the teeth may be because of missing teeth or because of a jawbone that is too big for your smile.
– Crossbite: The upper and lower jaws are both misaligned. One or more of the upper teeth will sit on the inside of the lower teeth. This can lead to tooth wear, gum disease, and bone loss.
– Overbite: The upper teeth bite over the lower teeth. This can lead to gum problems, wear on the lower teeth, and joint problems.
– Open bite: Some teeth cannot make contact with the opposing teeth. An open bite can cause poor chewing and speech impairment. This can also lead to TMJ disorders.
– Underbite: Underbite occurs when the upper teeth sit behind the lower teeth. This can be caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jawbone, or both. An underbite can also be caused by missing teeth.
If you have a dental issue that is not addressed here, please contact Lodo Dental for more information and to set up an appointment with our dentist.